Friday, July 25, 2008

Back from Camp

OK, only if I am in heaven next year will I miss JH Camp at Wenatchee!

I read my previous post and it sounded "iffy," but God willing I will return next year....it was that awesome.

Small, short, hyper people worshipping and making breakthroughs in their walk with the Lord.

My favorite style of worship - the kind with warm wind whipping around you as a reminder of the Holy Spirit's presence.

Baptisms (34 this year!) in the Wenatchee River - kids psyched to leave their old life buried and to raise to walk a new life! Their excitement for that always revitalizes me and brings me back to basics - aaaaah thank you Lord for that new life!

Anyhow, I had my perfect job this year at camp - Baptism Coordinator and Floating Counselor. LOVED IT! Had significant conversations with at least a dozen people sprinkled throughout the weekend, which is my favorite style of ministry. Got to laugh at the antics, hang with the students, and still make emergency runs to Starbucks. :) Amazing week.

My heart is changing, which is so awesome. I remember months before our youth missions trip to Mexico I spoke with Betty (a saint in our congregation). She was saying that in her prayers she was asking God to say YES to her going - she wanted it that badly. I was more in the frame of mind of "Lord, if it be Your will, let this cup pass from my lips!" It was such a paradigm shift to think of someone begging God for permission to go...I figured He'd say yes to any such trip...plus, I couldn't really fathom that craving to go. But now I have that same feeling, not only for Wenatchee but also for Mexico! Seriously - who would've thunk it? That new creation that the baptizers celebrated is also the one I continuously celebrate in my walk with Him!


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17