Friday, July 18, 2008

Retraction and Reflection

I've already retracted an blog - my 3rd on parenting.

No, you can't see it anymore - I deleted it and will rewrite it. No sooner did I write about the payoffs of being a stay-at-home mom then I went to pick up Ben from basketball camp. Of all the hundreds of kids there, one was chosen to read his homage to his mom aloud to the camp - a beautifully written, humble and honoring piece....to his WORKING MOM. LOL! I found it very like God to say - "Alison, please check your holier-than-thou attitude about being a stay at home mom. I will bless those I will bless, and am sovereign over these matters." Sooo - I will rewrite the blog and strive for it to be peppered with grace (which I shot for in the beginning! promise! I just have to heed that red flag that I think I saw God waving over this mother and her boy).

Anyhow, what a week. Kids home from camp.....lots of laundry and listening! Then 2 mothers' funerals - their daughters being friends with my girls....one unexpected, one anticipated but dreaded. Now I am off to Junior High camp in the morning - most probably my last Wenatchee.

So - I've retracted so now let me reflect. The mothers dying has given new energy to me about my own purpose. It's help me not be so LAME about stupid issues (wearing a bathing suit in front of teenagers) and to yearn for the heart of what camp is all about - connecting students with Christ. Also - to enjoy the life that Christ has intended for us - that camp feeling of freedom and joy and closeness to Him - ahhhhh.........so good to get that shot in the arm! It definitely outweighs the tents and gross-out bathrooms by a mile. I am what I am - NOT A CAMPER! :) But I love students and I love Christ - putting the two together is the best in satisfaction.

A year from now? I might visit Wenatchee and still savor the baptisms, the worship in the wind, and the crazy laughter from smaller people. But for now I will not GUARANTEE that it will happen - look at Emily's mom and Kami's mom - aaaarrrgh - I will savor today and what the Lord has laid out for me.....it is well with my soul!

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
(Prov. 16:9)

1 comment:

EuroMom said...

Nice! Thanks for sharing.