Friday, September 26, 2008

End of First Real Week '08/'09

TGIF!

We did it - got to the end of our first Real Week of the school year with everyone in their proper places - piano lessons, college classes, Legacy, basketball, BSF, youth group and the like. My eyes are hazy and crossed as they squint toward the weekend - Ben's worship team auditions, a football game, Katie's gig at the hospital, Mariners Game for the boys, and Phantom for the girls. Oh yes, and somewhere in there we find jeans for Katie! And do church.

I'm enjoying having the girls both gone in the morning. Ben and Dusty are quiet and non-interfering company to keep - I've been able to plunk around doing youth group data entry, and able to research college scholarships with nary an interruption. With the girls both gone it also eliminates more of the run around in the van - gotta love that! Granted, Ben's new piano teacher teaches out of Westlake Center in Seattle, so my Friday mornings just got a little urbanified - can you say WEEKLY SHOPPING EXCUSE? Yes ma'am!

And to wrap up my pathetic post from last week regarding the WSU visit - it went well....ish. Jon convinced Abby to not contact me all day - deliberately - so that went over NOT WELL. NOT WELL AT ALL! Can you say "bouquet of red roses last night" to help smooth my ruffled fur? Can you say Mama Bear moment? It's amazing how after so many years of togetherness (let's see - coming up on 27) we can still miss the mark so badly on showing love, offering forgiveness, effectively communicating, making peace, etc! One would think by now we'd learn by our mistakes and be fairly sliding into home...but....I 'spose until our flesh dies we'll still be looking out for number one now and again, and then have to suffer the consequences. Fortunately, we are getting more infrequent with our flub-ups. I'd like to think a year from now we'll have even less. And I'd like to see in myself more humility, clearer and sweeter communication, and that winsomeness I long for from the Lord. More of Him, less of me.

No comments: