Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Lot Can Happen in a Year

Have you ever been quoted before? I envy those people who come up with inspirational or quippy quotes that are forever attributed to them....or that go beyond the typical "as my mom used to say....someone's gonna put an eye out!" or, "as my mom used to say....someone's going to get hurt!"

(why is it that mothers have doom and gloom sayings? what is that about?)

Anyhow, probably the only thing slightly original that my kids have heard me say repeatedly is, "a lot can happen in a year."

friends can come and sometimes they go....feelings can change....circumstances and opinions and world events and popularity ratings and families and favorites....they all have a way of looking different from one year to the next. even God's truth in the Word will affect me differently one year to the next, although for the record I maintain that He is unchangeable, immutable and a ROCK. when you hear that phrase, "some things never change," He is what they are referring to.

I think the goal of this blog is to capture some of the changes that happen along the way from June 07 to June 08....possibly longer if this becomes addictive. :) I'm not expecting anyone to find my musings pivotal or riveting - rather, they might be mundane and occasionally inflammatory (since I tend to be both)....but I am trying to keep in mind that this blog is not for others necessarily....rather, it is to challenge myself to become more vulnerable and expressive, and perhaps leave an immortalized blip in the cyberworld.

No comments: